• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from central Texas

BDGR

Hello from central Texas. I've been in the hobby a while with my M1009, but really only been involved with a local museum and local car shows. I am trying to branch out and become more active with other enthusiasts. I am waiting to hear back from the region's MVPA chapter to become involved with them.

I'm also here to get help with my two most recent purchases, a pair of XM757s. I hope to be able to talk to the few guys on here with their experience.

Attachments

Barrman

Central Texas is a pretty big area. Where are you exactly? A dozen or more of us here on this website are members of the Lone Star MVPA in Austin. There are times when there are more than one event per weekend. Very active group of enthusiast.

BDGR

Central Texas is a pretty big area. Where are you exactly? A dozen or more of us here on this website are members of the Lone Star MVPA in Austin. There are times when there are more than one event per weekend. Very active group of enthusiast.
I'm in Temple. I addended a LSMVPA meeting a few months back but just recently sent the paper app in to join. I'm waiting to hear back on that to hear back on that.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I climbed all over those trucks and glad someone grabbed them. They... need a lot. The white one is DOA with no starter, injectors pulled, water intrusion, etc. The green one has hope and allegedly ran but many hoses and wires are cut. I too have a M757 I'm restoring and unfortunately we need the same parts. rofl

BDGR

I climbed all over those trucks and glad someone grabbed them. They... need a lot. The white one is DOA with no starter, injectors pulled, water intrusion, etc. The green one has hope and allegedly ran but many hoses and wires are cut. I too have a M757 I'm restoring and unfortunately we need the same parts. rofl
The "short term" plan is to get the camo one going as original as possible using the white one as parts. Though the issue with that is then it becomes a glass cannon. The very long term plan is to strip the white one of any part I can substitute (Motor, trans, axles), put those in reserve for the camo one, and rebuild the white one as one I can drive distances.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "short term" plan is to get the camo one going as original as possible using the white one as parts. Though the issue with that is then it becomes a glass cannon. The very long term plan is to strip the white one of any part I can substitute (Motor, trans, axles), put those in reserve for the camo one, and rebuild the white one as one I can drive distances.
I'd pull the transmission, engine accessories, and axles and do an "alls call" for anyone else needing parts on the white one. Transfercases are new on ebay for cheap so I wouldn't really bother. These are weeeeird but super neat trucks. If you can work on a deuce then you're skilled enough to work on one of these but do limber up before wrenching as there's little space to get to the lower sides of the engine. :beer:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I can offer a little motivation on the 757s, I had the pleasure of driving a 656 back in the day and OMG what a screamer that truck is, the Allison keeps the turned up 220 hp LDS way up in the RPMs and man it runs like a scalded dog, very impressive.

BDGR

I'd pull the transmission, engine accessories, and axles and do an "alls call" for anyone else needing parts on the white one. Transfercases are new on ebay for cheap so I wouldn't really bother. These are weeeeird but super neat trucks. If you can work on a deuce then you're skilled enough to work on one of these but do limber up before wrenching as there's little space to get to the lower sides of the engine. :beer:
Like I said, that's the very long term plan so who knows what'll happen if I even get that far. I've learned to not get too attached to plans as they always change. I'm waiting for it to cool down and the project season to start to take inventory and take the first steps on the camo one.

I got the -34 TM and that will start me on the wiring and air system repairs. If anyone knows where I can get the -10 or -20, that would be greatly appreciated.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like I said, that's the very long term plan so who knows what'll happen if I even get that far. I've learned to not get too attached to plans as they always change. I'm waiting for it to cool down and the project season to start to take inventory and take the first steps on the camo one.

I got the -34 TM and that will start me on the wiring and air system repairs. If anyone knows where I can get the -10 or -20, that would be greatly appreciated.
I'll send you everything I have. I'm only missing the -10.

Barrman

A Temple resident and fellow member of this site, Sermis, has a project M715 I have been messing with for a while and I am bringing it back to him.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello from central Texas. I've been in the hobby a while with my M1009, but really only been involved with a local museum and local car shows. I am trying to branch out and become more active with other enthusiasts. I am waiting to hear back from the region's MVPA chapter to become involved with them.

I'm also here to get help with my two most recent purchases, a pair of XM757s. I hope to be able to talk to the few guys on here with their experience.
Welcome to the Outfit!

Keep us posted with pictures on your 757's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks