• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Kalamazoo!

An Orphanage

Hi to everyone out there, sorry if this seems a little lack luster.
I finally got around to joining as I've been lurking and reading this stuff for a while now.

My main interest is in getting a multifuel vehicle to use WMO in to cut down on my fuel cost for long distance/cross country travel.
And currently I don't have any vehicles aside from my 90 dodge ram, though I want to get an M35A2 some time to augment my current truck for lower fuel costs (I can get as much WMO as I can carry or squirrel away in the garage).

Not really a fan of GL auctions as I seem doomed to constantly lose their auctions, and have no means (or spare cash) to pay for all their requirements and BS of towing or whatever for trucks (not to mention every one of them being across the country).

So howdy! :-D

caliber1

There is another member in Kzoo, goes by Heath_h49008, he has a deuce. Also knows someone in Mi. that has some for sale, try PMing Heath. You do realize that a deuce has a top speed of 55 maybe with 11.00X20s right, less with stock 9.00s? Just wondering how much you have read up on them. Not exactly a long distance type vehicle per say. I have a 1500 mile trip to take in mine next month and am looking forward to it, just for the adventure. LMAO, good luck with your search, and welcome to Steel Soldiers.
Hi to everyone out there, sorry if this seems a little lack luster.
I finally got around to joining as I've been lurking and reading this stuff for a while now.

My main interest is in getting a multifuel vehicle to use WMO in to cut down on my fuel cost for long distance/cross country travel.
And currently I don't have any vehicles aside from my 90 dodge ram, though I want to get an M35A2 some time to augment my current truck for lower fuel costs (I can get as much WMO as I can carry or squirrel away in the garage).

Not really a fan of GL auctions as I seem doomed to constantly lose their auctions, and have no means (or spare cash) to pay for all their requirements and BS of towing or whatever for trucks (not to mention every one of them being across the country).

So howdy! :-D

camoyj7

Welcome! There always seems to be good trucks for sale in the classifieds here. You can sure save money running a deuce on waste oil. I put 11,000 miles on my old truck running filtered wmo.

An Orphanage

There is another member in Kzoo, goes by Heath_h49008, he has a deuce. Also knows someone in Mi. that has some for sale, try PMing Heath. You do realize that a deuce has a top speed of 55 maybe with 11.00X20s right, less with stock 9.00s? Just wondering how much you have read up on them. Not exactly a long distance type vehicle per say. I have a 1500 mile trip to take in mine next month and am looking forward to it, just for the adventure. LMAO, good luck with your search, and welcome to Steel Soldiers.
Howdy caliber1!
Thanks for the info. I've seen a2s for sale at various places, but they've either been priced more than most new cars, bobbed, or are in a sorry state.
I've read up about their lack of speed, but speed is less of a concern to me than cargo capacity and fuel cost, as well as ease of maintenance.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope you tell how your trip goes :-D

An Orphanage

Welcome! There always seems to be good trucks for sale in the classifieds here. You can sure save money running a deuce on waste oil. I put 11,000 miles on my old truck running filtered wmo.
Thanks camoyj7!
I agree there always seems to be the best vehicles for the most reasonable prices listed here. I've been looking at centrifugal filtering of WMO and it seems to be the most efficient and easiest to remove the waste method.
Did you ever take any long trips with the WMO or a WMO/diesel mix?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks