• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Mississippi

Cal3bCart3r

Whats up guys. I have a 84 m1008 with 37,000 miles from govliq auction. Got it for a really good deal too. Luckily to me, it only bad a bad starter and leaky valve cover gasket. But all is changed and when i got her home, immeditely threw on a set of 37s with no fender trimming.

Last edited:

Cal3bCart3r

Having trouble with the rear brake lights and rear flashers not working at the moment. All other lights work fine up front and inside.
Also getting the death wobble pretty bad, which i know its from the 37s, wondering if i just need new steering stabilizer or if ball joints are possibly wore out. (It drove fine with stocks and a few months with the 37s then started doing the death wobble) where would be a good start on The front end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaAKM

Welcome from Florida, good looking truck. The experts will be along in a short while to answer your questions. I would start with a new steering stabilizer before changing out any ball joints, unless you have tested them & they show they are bad.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Germany.....nice truck.
Search " Death wobble " on the Site.....i'm sure you will find the answer to your problems.
And BTW Download the CUCV TM's......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. You are likely looking at kingpin bushings and springs to correct the death wobble. Tail light issues eh? A good guess would be socket issues. Replacements are cheap and plentiful.

Al Capone

What type of tires are u running ? Old bias ply mud tires will give u death wobble . I had s friend get killed with a brand new set of 38 inch tall tires he installed on his jeep and on his first test drive . I run steel belted radial super swampers and running same set of them I bought bed about 12 years ago on my jeep . Someone up around Hattiesburg has two sets of those hummer tires and wheels one set like new for $400 for all of them

Cal3bCart3r

Thanks guys ill check out the TMs and gonna try to trace down my light situation today... Ive been lurking a little while on this site but decided to do my first post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona and... welcome to posting! It really adds a positive dimension to the whole MV experience! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks