• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from NC

Chief_919

Hello from NC. I have been in and out of the MV hobby to varying degrees as time allowed for the last 15 or so years, I was on the mil-veh list back 10 or so years ago but eventually dropped as other things took my time and I scaled back my collecting. I found myself coming here more and more when I did some research and Google sent me here, so it is time for me to register.

I run a military surplus store in NC for my civilian job, but we don’t sell much in the way of vehicle parts. Who do I talk to about advertising on here should that look like something I may want to do? I don't want to mention the name of my shop or anything until I make sure what the rules are, my intent is not to be a freeloader on the site

I am also a CW2 in the USAR and have been working on military vehicles there for almost 17 years, so hopefully I can be of help to some who have newer vehicles. My collection at the moment is:

2 1943 GPW’s, one restored one waiting
1953 M38A1
1966 M416
1952 M-100
19?? M116A2E2
A bunch of military generators, compressors etc.

Chief_919

I live in Hendersonville, work in Clyde, and some of my trucks are in Canton- so I am all over!

The rally looks like fun, too bad I have drill that weekend.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chief, welcome to the site!

I used to have a surplus store myself until last year, with the GL changes and economy, I had to close the doors.

As far as I know, you can mention your shop all you want. Plenty of other people on this site plug there own shops/truck parts here, some every post! :-D

Again, welcome!

CGarbee

Welcome aboard!
I have spent money in the shop you work in... :)

Also within riding distance of you will be the VA trailrides/rally on Labor Day Weekend (Sept 3-8, 2009 in Syria, VA (thread is on here under the Steelsoldiers Rally section).

Plenty of guys out your way with grean iron to talk to, wrench with, etc.

Sevo

Welcome,

Great people on here and you have a lot of good guys in NC. I am in Columbia Sc. If you ever down this way and need anything dont hesitate to stop on by

again Welcome

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks