• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Southwest PA,wanting to pursue a deuce purchase!

Newdeuce225

Hello all. New member from southwestern pa looking to get into this hobby. After much reading on this site the past few days, I still would like to pursue owning a m35a2. Little bit about me. I have a class a cdl and am a truck driver for a living. But i have ALWAYs wanted my own truck. And right now it doesnt make sense for me to buy a big rig as I dont have any work lined up. But i love old trucks and diesels. So maybe this is my ticket.

But trying to keep it short and sweet lol I have been talking to the people at eastern surplus for a while on some trucks. Is it a good idea or bad to buy from them? I may be going out next week to look t them and pick one out. But i need some insight. I have read "cost of a deuce" thread and all the other stuff on here and its helped me alot. I already have a reasonable insurance quote ready if i pursue it. It will be primarely be used for hauling stuff around for my self and driving it in my fathers honor (he was not military but i have always wanted to have a truck in his name).

First few questions, is power steering really needed? Its quite an expense for the upgrade. And what else shuld i need to know before i dash out the cash? Thanks all for the help much appreciated. Feel free to pm me as well

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a wing somewhere that wants to purchase a Deuce?

A few members in PA have them for sale.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
;-)

Fixed it for you.

Well I didn't but someone fixed it.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

There are a few members closer to Pittsburgh you could contact if you want to look at a truck. I am probably an hour and a half away you can come look at mine (not for sale though)

I know of a truck that is 15 minutes away from me for sale.

Oh and last thing welcome to the site.

215Dave

Welcome, from one Commonwealth brother to another! Lots of trucks for sale all over this state. Won't be hard to find yourself the perfect fit. Post pics when you pull the trigger!

Newdeuce225

Thanks all for the replys. I have read that thread"buyig a deuce" when i first joined here haha. I think i could handle it and there are people closer to me that i didnt know of that could give me advice too.

Thanks all for the replys. I have read that thread"buyig a deuce" when i first joined here haha. I think i could handle it and there are people closer to me that i didnt know of that could give me advice too.
Welcome, to an awesome hobby. I also have a nice Deuce for sale, titled in NJ. D Turbo Hercules Multifuel, runs and drives nice. Needs nothing but some cosmetic paint work. I have started the job, do not have time to finish it. Commanding General will not allow me to keep this old girl, she says I have enough toys? I thought, we could never have enough? Give me your e-mail address and I can send some pics. Take care.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks