• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Texas!

wuudchuck

Hello Folks,

I've been lurking on the site ever since I purchased my '95 LMTV on GovPlanet. I got one heck of a deal on it -- only paid $5,000 for it! http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/552781

I had it shipped from NC to MI (to my folks place) to only find out someone at the yard in NC stole my batteries! They had to load it up on the trailer with a loader, pretty unfortunate that someone had to steal my batteries.

I'll probably be poking around for questions about various things, search has been my best friend so far.

Zach

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Sping Branch. Too bad you had it shipped to MI. We don't have any LMTVs showing up at the local events and could use one.

wuudchuck

Welcome from Sping Branch. Too bad you had it shipped to MI. We don't have any LMTVs showing up at the local events and could use one.

Sadly no where to store it here in Austin, I was tempted. My folks have a nice 30x60 barn with 20 foot ceilings that I'll keep it stored in while I restore and convert it to an Overland RV this winter.
Doing something close to this while keeping it as MV looking as possible.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. See about making a day trip over to Brenham to get your high speed gears, and Navasota for some aluminum rims.

wuudchuck

Thanks NDT, which company makes high speed gears? I was wondering about that. Do you how badly would that impact off road performance? I'm planning to take this off the beaten path.

archmark

Welcome from "Lilly White Woodway", bedroom community of the Branch Dravidian BBQ and the Twins Peak Shootout. We need as many FMV's as possible over this way to counter the McLennan Co. Sheriff's newly acquire MRAP. And don't forget, Jade Helm started this week also, so keep the fuel tanks full!!!