• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Texas

79Texan

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful advice and pictures. I look forward to giving advice when and where I can and of course reading about everyone's tips and tricks.

Here's a pic of my 84 M1010. It has a 4" SkyJacker Suspension with 255/85's. I am running a 2" spacer between the duals for good measure. Someday I'll apply a proper paint job, but for now the Olive Green from Home Depot rolls on nicely on the bed. That's the cheapest and closest match I could find in a pinch to the OD. Front paint is still original CARC.

Chevy1.jpgChevy2.jpg

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome form Cape Cod, MA. Nice looking truck Texan. Did it originally have the duellys or did you add them? I don't know a whole lot about the CUCVs.

79Texan

The dual rear wheels (DRW) is not original, I bought the truck from a guy that added that touch. I had always wanted a single cab DRW 4wd Chevy and came across this truck on Craigslist. I bought it and have added my own touches to it and have enjoyed almost every bit of it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your 1st post since joining (2010). I won't welcome you since it looks like you've been around for a while :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Texas, it's like a whole other country. Big place. Where be ye in the 268,581 square miles of the great state of Texas. Fellow Texans may want to know if you're close or far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks