• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from the Sandpile...

neonhomer

Just thought I would post a quick message to announce my presence. I've been wanting to get my hands on a deuce for a while, and I am starting to put my plan together to get one. So I decided to register here and read and learn.

The Sandpile? Florida of course!!!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is the best place to start.. you can gather all the info you need from here and once you get your truck you will know what to do as far as getting it all fixed up and safe to ride around in:grd:[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Left Coast.... Are you sure you know what you are doing? You do realize
that most of the guys on here are certifiable and once you start there is no going back.

It is a lot of fun though:cookoo:
Bruce

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Spend a couple days reading and you will know much more than when you started.

Then, buy a green truck! Make some friends, and next thing you know, you will have five or ten trucks.

That's a good thing.

neonhomer

Then, buy a green truck! Make some friends, and next thing you know, you will have five or ten trucks.

That's a good thing.
If I could afford to have that many, I would. Problem is that I am going to have to save for my first truck, and then I don't have the room to store one truck, much less 5 or 10....

If I did buy one, I would have to park it at a storage lot. I was talking to my girlfriend last night, and she said that "Cool, you could drive me to work in it."

"Okay... so that means I would have to drive my Jeep to the storage lot, get the truck, come to the house, pick you up, take you to work, and then take the truck back to the lot, and then drive the Jeep back home."

She just looked at me blankly. She doesn't really understand why I want one. I told her "Because I want one." She still doesn't understand... LOL

I've been looking on GL for a truck... Gonna have to find one close to Florida so I don't pay more to ship the truck than I pay for it! Also looking on (gasp!) eBay... Found one in NY state for $2800, with no bids... but then there is shipping it... ugh...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I've been looking on GL for a truck... Gonna have to find one close to Florida so I don't pay more to ship the truck than I pay for it! Also looking on (gasp!) eBay... Found one in NY state for $2800, with no bids... but then there is shipping it... ugh...
I have bought over a hundred vehicles from GL since 2008 and it is always a crap shoot as to what you will actually get once you are cleared to pick up.

If you are only going to buy one truck go with a private seller. You can look at the truck, drive it and make sure it's what you want. You will pay a little more but you take a lot of the chance out of buying one through GL or other commercial outlets.

Just MHO for what it's worth.

neonhomer

That's what I am in the process of trying to do now... find one I can pick up for the amount of money I have. I have seen a nice truck here in Florida, but can't afford it, and don't want to insult the owner with what little I have to pay for it.. LOL...

Watching, waiting, and reading....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks