• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hello i am new & need help with my prob m-900 seires tru

sweetk30

i am new this site and have always loved mill trucks. i have satifyed my needs so far with chevy/gmc k30 trucks. thay seem to hold up the best for me. 8)

but i have this bad itch for m-900 style trucks :shock: . if you had a choice between m-936 / m-925 what would your choice be? :twisted:

i love to go play and i live for recovery duty. i like to have a good all around rig. if need be i have a 25k lb pto winch i could swap in to the back of a m-925 . or if i got a m-925 would it be best to swap a frt winch to rear use?

what kind of road driving requirments would i have to have? cdl / air brake endorcment / other stuff ?

i am in ny state and would only use this as a big kids toy and some buddy stuck recovery stuff. no comm work at all.

what is the empty weight on a m-925 truck ?

thanks for any info given and great site as lots have said check out you guys.

tklm539

Welcome,

I am also in NY. Not sure on the truck but if you get an older one and are not comm. use you can go historic and save a ton on insurance.

Horesheads!! Man I used to go through there all the time on my way to Olean to school.

Good luck

gwalker

The 925 cargo will be cheaper than the wrecker of course. Either will be I imagine very expensive to get an maintain. Yes you would need a cdl based on the weight an the fact it has air brakes alone. Additionaly you might need an overload permit an fuel tax stickers as well as D.O.T. registration, although that may only apply if used in a business.
Some states still allow you to register any truck as a farm vehicle an get around alot of that too but I dont know N.Y. laws. Im sure some others here from NY have been through it an can be more specific.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks