• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello MV world! Newbie in AZ

WRMorrison

After years of secret (and some not-so-secret) lusting over MV's, it looks like I'll finally have one of my own in a few days. More details to follow after the purchase is complete, but I'm getting a M109A3. I'm no stranger to forums and bulletin boards, so you shouldn't need to scold me about the search feature, and I'm skilled just enough in the English language to keep the grammar Nazis at bay...:p I've read through enough threads in the last week or so to make my eyes nearly bleed, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I start making uninformed mistakes once my "project" shows up.

Anyway, that's enough for now, more to come later!

-WRM

kawkev

Welcome!!! Congratulations on the soon to be yours 109. As you already know, there's lots of info on this site and plenty of help available. Don't forget to check out all the TMs available on the site as well. If you ask a question, someone will inevitably tell you to "Read the TMs!" or, of course, "Use the search feature!". There are alot of people willing to offer advice here tho. Lots of ideas too. Glad to have you aboard.

WRMorrison

Welcome! I hope you realize that once infected there is no cure for this MV disease.:mrgreen: Soon your M109A3 will need company.
I've had a form of this disease and every other disease that involves an engine for a LONG time. My deuce would have company already if the wallet allowed for it. Someday, a 5T with extended bed will join it...

Just got her home last night. Didn't have enough light for too many pics, but here's a couple (since everybody loves pics!):

I got this vehicle from another forum member; here's his SS thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ption-a-SLEEPER-above-cab-and-rooftop-storage

He still has the cargo box for sale if anyone's interested; I just wanted the truck! :-D

-WRM

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Baer

I'd say welcome but I think I'm newer to SS than you are. I just picked up a M 1008 last week from a guy that pushed one around Saudi Arabia. I got out of the Army in 1970 so these are new to me but from what I've been hearing they can walk on water (as long as you don't get any in the fuel). So now I feel like I'm back to being a motor pool clerk, trying to scrounge parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks