• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello, my name is Mike and I have a HMMWV problem

mrfarb

Wanted to introduce myself ( Hi I’m Mike), been lurking and scaping TM’s and insight for about 10 months now. It started simple enough, 1097R1. But then the urge for 4 speed transmission kicked in and I bought a 1097a2. Well - as is usually case the harder stuff finally took over after the new year and I sold the R1 and bought a slant back. Now I’m finally in my final HMMWV. Right? With help from a few guys here (I’ve seen them post here at least) this thing is coming along. Planning on flat doors and repro armor at some point in the future, but with the new turret addition I’m gonna to stop for now. My goal is to have a Hmmwv that at least appears “as issued” with patina and all and not a new looking or aftermarket laden rig.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Mike. I have the same addictions. You will need to stand up and present at meetings occasionally. Eventually you will try to collect all 12 medallions.

The first step is recognizing you have a HMMWV addiction/problem.

The next step is growing that addiction into a full blown lifestyle.

😆

I started with an M1025. I then purchased a 1995 Hummer. Now I have additional M1165 and two M1151. I also have two M1114.

I need a hard top two door ECV pickup truck and my family will be complete.

Welcome to the madness!

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh huh.

How it started:
Driver Side.jpg

How it's going:

20240302_170252[1].jpg

Also did a trasmission swap, adding a/c unit, front (electric) & rear (hydraulic) winch, & couple whip antennas on rear (not pictured).

In between, I bought another humvee for parts.