• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! Bees in my M543A2 Wrecker!

ONTOS66

Just for giggles I did a Google re your situation - and came up with a LOT of exterminators but not much in the "how to" line.

Here is a photo essay of "how NOT to" solve your problem
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2243176

I also tried about.com for ideas and came up with a lot of first aid .. hopefully you won't need that.

I'd be inclined to start with smoke ... place a bbq under it with wood chips, etc. and smoke the buggers (not roast .. you don't want to damage the truck)

Then see about injecting poison, high pressure water, playing Tiny Tim albums ... stuff that will kill or encourage them to move.

Failing that ... "There are no problems that cannot be solved by the correct application of high explosives!"

When using HE remember the formula "P for Plenty!!!"

[thumbzup]

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I finally had a chance to go look at my bee-infested truck again today. It's been almost a week since the poisoning attempt. This time I felt bolder in my home-made bee suit (military surplus mechanic's coveralls, mil surplus insect head net, and some gloves), and I got in a lot closer to the area of interest.

I first noticed much less activity than before. There were no bees loitering around the opening, and just a few flying around. I don't know if that's because the poison made a difference, or if everybody was just out working. I saw a bunch of dead bees up on top of the truck bed that I hadn't seen before.

This time I got close enough to get a much better look at the hive opening. I was expecting it to be a gap in the wood strip, but it really is a gap in the bed around the mounting bolt like I first suspected. From the looks of it, if I need to try poisoning through there again I should be able to pinch off then end of the copper tube I used enough to cram in there. Maybe I managed to get enough poison up into the hive to mess things up well enough already, though.

This time I tried sealing the hive opening with spray polyurethane foam. I'll let it sit overnight, and see what's going on tomorrow. Maybe they'll find another opening, or maybe the hive is already done for from the poisoning.

New pictures attached.

Attachments

burt gummers

had a nest in my truck once and i just painted them all od green.... it you look where it was you can still see a green wasp stuck there to show the others that its not a good nest site. :D must have worked because that was the last flying pest problem i have had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks