• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP - DAM88 broke down N of Shreveport

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"DAM88" David Matt's M1028 sems to have busted a timing chain. It is (was) towing an empty M149 water trailer.

He asked me to post, and ask for assistance.

The location is highway 71, right off of 220, the bypass of of I-20 N of Shreveport.

Can anyone help? David is a good friend of mine, but I am very far away - I could not get there till Monday.

His cell is (# removed). He maybe needs a tow and safe place to leave it for a day, so he could return to dallas and get another truck to tow it back with. I'd really appreciate of someone close by could lend a hand.

Thanks, Opcom

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shreveport Louisiana?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best I can do from Raleigh is offer prayers and well wishes. Good luck on you "adventure".

Best Regards,
Rick
Oh I'm sure David's having an adventure by its very defintion. The thing that makes life worth living. He is back in Dallas, fixin' to go get the busted truck. I could not get off work. If I was not working the next day or so I would have been able to go assist. Would have been fun, since I have never used my towbar before.

Last edited:

dam88

Well thanks from those who could help and the good wishes.

I got back in one piece this morning at 3:30am. Darn Ford had to tow me into the casa. :cry: M1028 with new 400gal water trailer flew in at 65-70 MPH.

Pretty sure I popped the timing chain as I decelerated down an off ramp, I was able to land in a parking lot of a Waffle House. They gave me free coffee and let me use their facilities for several hours, charging my phone and a short Internet session before my battery died. In fact I was offered a place to stay and another CUCV. :grin: Ahhhh Fate.

Pictures to follow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks