• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help! GL lost my EUC, closed my account and is trying to charge ME for it!

Gear Report

Anyone have any tips for dealing with GovLiquidation screwing things up? Maybe an inside contact?
Looks like they lost my EUC form for some HMMWV parts I bought in early April. They marked my transaction as "in default" and closed my account due to no EUC being submitted. Oddly, they never told me. And I have an email from GL titled "Confirmation of Receipt of EUC for Event: XXXXX", which they sent me the day after I sent in the completed EUC form and supporting documents.
I assumed when I got a call from the on site GL guy that he was calling to tell me the EUC had cleared, come pick it up. Instead, he said "I just saw a report that you defaulted on this item". (he called me because he and I had talked about this item a few weeks ago. If we had not have talked, then he would not have called me) I was like, WTF?! He said to call customer service.
Customer service first told me it was in default for non-payment... which is silly since I bid with a CC on file and payment processed the next day.
Eventually she found the note that my account was closed and item defaulted because I never submitted the EUC (which I did).
So, the CSR told me to forward the EUC submission email and the EUC received email to "management" at their generic info@govliquidation.com address. I did, and they sent me a note saying that as long as they can find my EUC in their system, it will be OK. Otherwise, I will owe a $105.25 in default penalty to get my account reactivated.
Seriously?! They lose my EUC, then tell me I have to pay a $105.25 penalty if THEY can't it? Are these people high?

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help, but, yeah, that sounds about right for GL. They screw up and then blame you. I've been screwed by them a few times. Guys complain about GovPlanet; GL is far worse, at least based upon my dealings with each.

Gear Report

I can't help, but, yeah, that sounds about right for GL. They screw up and then blame you. I've been screwed by them a few times. Guys complain about GovPlanet; GL is far worse, at least based upon my dealings with each.
Ugh

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would start asking for names and demanding to know the chain of command (WTFIC) trail. Every conversation write down name, number, date, time. Did they charge you state tax? File a complaint with the state's consumer affairs/Attorney General. Good Luck!

Gear Report

I would start asking for names and demanding to know the chain of command (WTFIC) trail. Every conversation write down name, number, date, time. Did they charge you state tax? File a complaint with the state's consumer affairs/Attorney General. Good Luck!
Yep. Sounds like a good plan.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to deal with this. If GL doesn't sort it out in the next day or so, then I'm going straight to the NC AG.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Send GL an email with "ATTN MANAGEMENT" in the subject line. Send a copy of the email you have showing it was submitted and lay it all out.

Gear Report

Send GL an email with "ATTN MANAGEMENT" in the subject line. Send a copy of the email you have showing it was submitted and lay it all out.
Thanks.
The CSR I spoke with today told me to start the note with "Attention Management", but she didn't say to put it in the subject line. I'll do that for all future notes.

... such a sophisticated method for managing routing of customer emails. lol

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yup. They will get it. Management dosnt like to talk to anyone direct though. They will have one of the phone answerers relay info. Send it tonite they get in at 11 am est. Call around 12 and see what they have to say for themselves.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this does not turn out favorably, may be time for a "gear report" on their inefficiency. If I were to try and run business like they do, I would be ran out of town.

Gear Report

If this does not turn out favorably, may be time for a "gear report" on their inefficiency. If I were to try and run business like they do, I would be ran out of town.
Funny you would mention this, as we monetize our site as affiliates for a wide variety of brands. We are in the GL affiliate program, but have not published any content on GL since we didn't have enough hands-on experience working with them. The part bought in this transaction was specifically a test case to see how things went with GL, with the goal of writing a review on the process.
I suppose that they could still pull their collective heads out of their A$$es and make this a reasonable experience, but it isn't looking good for GL at this point.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you have a great platform, been using your site for quite some time. As far as GL is concerned, when you have no competition then you don't have to invest much in customer service apparently. It is not that they cannot afford it. Making 22% from sale then charging a 12.5% fee on top.

Gear Report

Hi All, I'm new here and I know little about equipment like gensets that I need. ..it drove me crazy before everyone keep saying GL but I didn't know what it stands ...I know now its gov liquidation. Lol .. I need help selecting a 15k w old military used diesel genset for home backup use. It has to be able to handle electronics like pcs/tvs. Any idea?
I can't be of help with those items. Sorry.
And I have been soured on GL to the point that I don't know if I'll ever deal with them again.
The local guys on site are great. The central office staff are mindless drones.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
A 15k old military generator will be 3-phase. GL has a different contract than GP. I believe GL keeps a significantly higher percentage of the proceeds from the non rolling stock per their contract.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks