• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help I got MEP-itis... It all started with just one

justinn

I don't think it's "Justified" I think maybe in your case its "Justin-fied"! That's quite this stable of gensets!

Where in Texas? I lived and worked for many years in San Antonio & Austin & relatives in Dallas. I truly miss the great Tex-Mex food and incredible BBQ among lots of other things.

Anyway, cheers 🍻 you fit the MEP obsession profile well!
I like the Justin-fied! yeah, I think I am good on the sets for now, you are one of my inspirations on the Genset quantity!:D If 2 is one, and 1 is none, by that rationale, 5 is just the right amount, and 9 is just the right amount!

I am in Austin.... been here since '92, and been in Texas since 1980. I live out by Oasis Restaurant and Hippie Hollow Park(on Travis) if you remember those places. I have a company in Richardson(Dallas), and another in Leander, so I am back and forth between Austin and Dallas regularly. I hope you enjoyed your time here, and if you haven't been here in the past 10 years, you'd be in for a huge change. The rapid influx of refugees(from places like Cali and NY) have put quite the burden on our infrastructure and native Texan population :ROFLMAO: Let me know if you ever come back down to visit relatives and we can grab a beer or a whiskey!

Justin

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
That sounds like a plan! I will be making the round trip, so I can go both routes! Oof, yeah, Fridays and Sundays are not fun days to be on the roads especially in a "fun" car. I averaged 28mpg in Switzerland, 25mpg in Austria, 24mpg in Italy, and less than 15mpg in Germany on this past trip :ROFLMAO: Road Construction was a bit of a bummer in some places, but I made record time from Berlin to Schwenningen.

Hoping we can make it happen this trip!

Justin
Let me know ahead of time, so I can plan things.

Chainbreaker

I like the Justin-fied! yeah, I think I am good on the sets for now, you are one of my inspirations on the Genset quantity!:D If 2 is one, and 1 is none, by that rationale, 5 is just the right amount, and 9 is just the right amount!

I am in Austin.... been here since '92, and been in Texas since 1980. I live out by Oasis Restaurant and Hippie Hollow Park(on Travis) if you remember those places. I have a company in Richardson(Dallas), and another in Leander, so I am back and forth between Austin and Dallas regularly. I hope you enjoyed your time here, and if you haven't been here in the past 10 years, you'd be in for a huge change. The rapid influx of refugees(from places like Cali and NY) have put quite the burden on our infrastructure and native Texan population :ROFLMAO: Let me know if you ever come back down to visit relatives and we can grab a beer or a whiskey!

Justin
Ahhhh Austin (y) I moved to Austin with family as a young kid from Florida in 1967. Yeah, my generation started Hippi Hollow! Been there, done that one in the buff!!! Attended early Willie Nelson 4th July Picnics, Jerry Jeff Walker events, etc. :giggle: Lots of great memories growing up & living there. I was born in San Antonio where my dad was stationed at Kelly AFB.

Last time I was in Austin was about 1994 I used to go back & visit family then living in Austin & saw some signs of early growth but have not been back in yrs to witness the mass growth influx. I sure do miss the area & need to find time to re-visit my old stomping grounds!

justinn

Ahhhh Austin (y) I moved to Austin with family as a young kid from Florida in 1967. Yeah, my generation started Hippi Hollow! Been there, done that one in the buff!!! Attended early Willie Nelson 4th July Picnics, Jerry Jeff Walker events, etc. :giggle: Lots of great memories growing up & living there. I was born in San Antonio where my dad was stationed at Kelly AFB.

Last time I was in Austin was about 1994 I used to go back & visit family then living in Austin & saw some signs of early growth but have not been back in yrs to witness the mass growth influx. I sure do miss the area & need to find time to re-visit my old stomping grounds!
You got me beat by a few years! We used to hit up Hippie Hollow from the lake side back in the day(and Devil's Cove). I haven't ever done it in the buff though(at least that I remember :ROFLMAO: ). I've been to plenty of Willie's get-togethers back in the day as well. So you're a Texan by blood!

1994 to now, you might want to take some heart medication prior. Rush Hour on Mopac used to be about 55mph back then..... now, it's just a parking lot.

Come on back!

Justin