• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help, I need parts too.

Jones

For the baby HEMTT project; I'm looking for two complete deuce fuel tanks in good shape... Anybody?
Have two good 70 gal. tanks minus the in-tank units for trade or sale.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jones,
I guess the big question is what are you willing to pay. In my search for just ONE extra fuel tank, it has been an expensive proposition. And I have NOT been successful yet.

I figure about $300 for the complete set up. PER TANK. Then if they would swap you your 70 gallon ones... you might bring that down by as much as $100 per. BUT it depends on who you are working with.

PLUS realize that unless the tank has been steam cleaned inside, you WILL pay for haz mat charges. Not too bad, but still there.

Let me know how it turns out. Oh, and those 70 gallon ones? Why aren't you going to use them? Are they diesel or gas?

I've got TWO in tank pumps, but not sure if they work or not. Supposedly they do, but I have not tested them. If you want them, let me know. But they are JUST the pumps, not the whole assembly.

jim

Jones

Hello Jim,
The 70 gal tanks look fresh except for some condensation which will wipe out and have new fuel level sending units with them. The tanks are 17" deep if that tells you anything. I've got some spotted at Barstow for a good price but will end up with the 70s that I don't need.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jones,

My current 50 gallon tank is 15 1/2 x 21 1/2 x 39 1/2 inches. So your 70 gallon ones are 17 x ? x ? . I might be interested IF I can fit them to my deuce. I would imagine it shouldn't be difficult. Then all I would need is a pump and I might have a working spare right now.

So, how much beggin and how much money do you need? I can have them shipped via DHL. If you can palletize them, it makes the shipping cheaper.

Let me know. So, why are you not going to use them? Just curious.

jim

Jones

Jim,
These tanks are 43 1/2" X 26" X 17". Problem for me is the idler Pitman arm I had to make for my steering and it's swing. Too far forward and the draglink hits the tank on a tight right turn; moved far enough back to clear the swing and I'm into the front bed mount.
Can be palletized, and as far as money... I'm in the tanks $70.00 ea. plus $15.00 ea for the fuel level senders. Mostly I just need them out of the yard so the neighbors don't mount another parade - accentuated with pitchforks and blazing torches. Soooo tired of peeling hardened tar and feathers offa my hide.

Jones

I've been finding themn from $50 to $200 for the bare tank to $150 to $300 for complete. Prices are all over the board. Then there's freight to get them here to factor in. The only problem is the length so my second choice is to cut out the end away from the filler on these 5 tonner tanks and relocate them to make shorter tanks; but I hate to cut up something someone else may have a need for.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jones,
Darn man. Those two longer dimensions kill it for my truck. 26 inches means it will stick out past the metal mud flaps by at least two inches. And the 43.5 inches means I would have to move the mud flaps back so there would be less than two inches clearance between the mudflap and my super single 42" tires.

Figures. I guess I too will have to stay with fifties also.

jim

Jones

Yeah, they're definately big. Just found complete deuce tanks for $125.00 ea. Looks like I'm gonna pick up a pair of them come payday. Thanks to all for looking around for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks