• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! Leaking antifreeze

cjkeeliii

I have an '85 m1008 with approx. 68,000 milies. I noticed today that it is leaking antifreeze from one of the oil pan bolts: from there it drops onto the starter, then the u joint of the front drive shaft, then onto the ground. I've checked the hoses and can only access one freeze plug on that side. Is this possibly a cracked block? I'm taking it to my mechanic Monday to have the system pressure tested. The truck has never run hot and has plenty of anit freeze in the radiator. Thanks in advance for your help.

mangus580

Head Gasket or Cracked Head are more likely than the cracked block. I would suspect a freeze plug too. The pressure test will tell you for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks