• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me identify this lever?

dma251

I have a lver of some sort down next to my parking brake handle. I just noticed it today and didn't have much time to investigate it as the weather is turning pretty ugly in the NW.

Can someone clue me in on just what that lever is for? It looks like it connect to a rotating rod that goes through the cab floor near the centerline of the truck, and down to the transfercase/tranny area.

M35guy

What model truck is it on? if its a wrecker or one with a winch, it could be a pto lever.

dma251

Oh, sorry - it's an AM General M35a2 W/O winch. That was what I was thinking it might be also. The truck was a base firetruck prior.

I'll post a pic tomorrow, or bettery yet, I'll just get down in the dirt and crawl under and find out ....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was a fire truck, its for the transfer case PTO. The 530 class fire trucks have these. Look on the door frame right behind the latch, should be a small data plate there showing operation. Big question is wether or not the PTO is still there. It will be right above the e-brake drum and should have a yoke on it. Let us know!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks