• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help me pick one

desertfish

Hi guys

I just got back from mr walkers yard (the holy grail of all that is deuce) and all i can say is wow he has at least 6 or 7 compleat m35a2's and lots of other stuff not to mention all the m35 parts all in the rust free desert of california. well here is the thing that i want all of your help on tomorrow i shall be the the proud owner of a deuce my question is witch one? here are my choices. m35a2 with air shift dropside bed no winch turbo ok body has 13.000 miles 1700 hours runs but needs a clutch.

deuce #2 has perfect body but no bed but thats no problem because he has lots of them any way this truck has no air shift no turbo with down exst pipe and has 134 miles on the truck. so what do ya think please all let me know your thoughts on the two trucks.

Deuce-bigalo

Considering what you have given for choices I dunno - no real choice there. What is the price range your looking to spend? If it were me I wouldn't jump on either of them as I like having a smoke stack, air shift and a turbo so there's # 2 out and if your good enough to do the clutch that may be the only choice. If you don't mind me asking, what price range you looking at?

John

desertfish

$2500. for the airshifter dropside I dont have a problem doing the clutch not for sure about #1 but i think it will be less I kinda thought the turbo airshift dropside stacker was the way to go but i want to hear from all of you guy because you all know more than i at this point. and thank you for your replay.

rdixiemiller

Air shift. Too many issues with the sprag type T-cases. You should be able to do the clutch in 1 day, if you have the parts on hand. You might want to take the pressure plate and disk to a local clutch rebuilder, that would add a couple of days. Deuces are easy to work on, the parts are a bit heavy, though.

desertfish

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE [:)] I shall go with the air shift o ya if you guys need parts try mr walker i will try to get his info for ya for only $1000.00 hell thats worth it don't ya think. :nono:

just yanken ya chains i will post picts a.s.a.p. of my truck after i get it home.

desertfish

Yep he is a great guy to deal with and talk to today he let me roame the property unatended i had a geat time looking at all the goodies he has some nice stuff. will post some picts of his yard the next time i go.

desertfish said:
he is in hesperia
Hi DF,
Do you have some info on how to get hold of him? Or an address?
Hesperia is only 1 1/2 - 2 hours from me.
I'm looking for a J-pipe and stack.
I would like to hit his place and Barstow yard and make a day of it - sack lunch, tool box, and a 44oz Bladder-Buster Diet Coke for the desert heat.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks