• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! Need a small part from a parts truck ASAP!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I am in dire need of the brass air line T fitting thats located on the engine compartment side of the firewall that T's to the governer, thru the firewall, and to an airline that goes down to the frame rail. It's not a "normal" one Lowes/Home Depot carries.. Will pay via paypal for the part, shipping, your time, whatever.. Please let me know if you can help. Will try and post a picture shortly.

I dropped mine, the threads are toast...

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, I think i have one on a spare cab i have. I'll be able to get it on sunday. Let me know.

acetomatoco

It will be in your Ord 9-SNLG742 along with all the other part numbers... Saturn Surplus may be able to supply one from their Boneyard... check with Jay. ACE

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uncle Sam calls it a "Tee, Pipe to tube" NSN 4730-00-494-6580 Part # 6-6-4 120425BA

2 sides are UNS thread, the 3rd is NPTF

It's kinda hard to find in the civy world........ Trust me...

houdel

emmado22 said:
Uncle Sam calls it a "Tee, Pipe to tube" NSN 4730-00-494-6580 Part # 6-6-4 120425BA

2 sides are UNS thread, the 3rd is NPTF

It's kinda hard to find in the civvy world........ Trust me...
In a pinch, you could always get a brass pipe tee and a pair of pipe to tube adapters. I needed to do a similar job, my local auto parts store had a good supply of brass fittings and adapters so I found what I needed pretty quickly. If the first store doesn't have what you need, try another. The stores around here vary greatly on the miscellaneous parts they carry, one might be good for brass fittings but limited in electrical components, another great for electrical components but limited in oddball brake parts, etc. it pays to visit multiple auto parts stores, one will generally have what you need.

Same thing happened when I changed my oil filters and one of the red gaskets under the bolt head decided to leak and the gaskets that came with the filters didn't fit. First store drew a complete blank on the gaskets, the second store had them by the fistfull.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks