• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help sourcing rivets

ohiohmmwv

Did Cherry rivets update their design? Check out the pic. Both are Cherry rivets but the head on the rivets I have (universal head type) are slightly flattened on top. Anyone know where I can get rivets that match appearance and specs?

IMG_8729.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jbayer

Like with everything, there are multiple different types of "Cherry rivets" "Cherry is a company that makes multiple different blind rivets. You just have to figure out which one you have/want.
Flat one "looks like" a Cherry Max, or Cherry blind rivet. Other "looks like" a Cherry lock rivet. There great rivets, Cherry that is... until you have to remove one.

ixpacman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree. Cherry rivets are a superior structural rivet if selected properly and installed correctly. Removing isn't terrible if you use a pin punch and a small ball peen and unseat the anvil pin first.On cherry locks you have to pop out the very hard lock ring with a very small screwdriver or the butt end of small drill bit before drilling rivet.The cherrymax is the rivet I use the most because its easier to get a good result with no lock collar to worry about and easier to remove.The oversize is great for replacing rivets without having to go up a size.My contact maintenance 1028 was full of crappy rivets and I have almost replaced every rivet as the cheaper ones have mostly failed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks