• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP - Speedometer Sticking

houdel

I have a minor problem with my speedometer. When I drove it home from the DRMO in March, it worked fine. Speed up, the speedo read higher, slow down, the speedo read lower. Then the truck basically sat in the driveway until last week, when the State finally worked out my licensing and titling issues and gave me a registration so I could drive it on the street.

Now the speedo is acting a little strange. Up to about 40 MPH it still works fine. However, once I exceed 40 MPH or so it sticks at the max speed I was driving at until I slow to about 30 MPH. Then it jumps back down to 30 MPH, twitches a couple of times and then settles in to reading the right road speed again.

This is a little annoying as I usually cruise at 50-55 MPH, then when I slow down for a small town with a 35-45 MPH speed limit and my speedo will still be reading 50-55 MPH!

Anyone else hear of this problem? The speedo appears to be a sealed unit, so I don't think I can take it apart and lube it any way. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks