• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP, vehicle won't shut off M1009.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK, I got my M1009 shut off by following procedures in the -20. It also stated to notify my supervisor but I am worried about telling the spousal unit for fear of being told to get rid of the truck.

So I consulted the -30 and it talks about the solenoid. Not a problem, I hope, because I have a junker that I can pull the parts from but that's a hour away.

There is some other info that pertains to this that may have a bearing on this issue:

1. I just got the vehicle back after have several electial issues taken care of including adding a rear license plate light, adding a Phantom map light tied into the radio electrical system in the right rear, and fixing some wiring on my IR headlight that goes into the fuse panel but not sure which one.

2. I had no issues like this prior to the vehicle going to the shop.

3. After following the -20 procedures of pinching the fuel line to stall the vehicle off AND with the ignition off and key out, the gen lights and oil light were still lite. The blower motor for the fan shut off when I turned the ignition to the off position.

4. I figured by disconnecting the battery it would 'reset' the system so the gen lights and oil light would stay off. So I disconnected the batteries and when doing so heard the loud click of the resistor (I think) like you normally hear when warming the glow plugs. When I reconnected the batteries the resistor clicked again and the gen and oil lights came back on again.

With the gen and oil lights and resistor clicking back on, does this still sound like a problem in the soleniod or could it be a wiring problem with the ignition?

Need to try and resolve this quickly just want to make sure I head in the right direction. Definately need to fix it before the supervisor finds out.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: HELP, vehicle won

They created a circuit, you need to look at all the mods and make sure none of them are supplying power to the ignition, "key in the run position" circuit.

mangus580

Medlog, check the pink wire on the top of the IP for power. There shouldnt be any with the key off. It sounds like for some strange reason there is. I would suspect they somehow got some wires crossed in your fusebox back-feeding part of the ign system.

ida34

In addition to the above stuff check to make sure the lock cylinder is actually moving the ignition switch. It sounds like your ignition switch is staying on. There is a rod that transfers the rotation of the lock cylinder to the ignition switch on the lower part of the steering column. If it is messed up the key in the lock cylinder may not be moving the ignition switch or the switch might be messed up. The fact that the blower motor goes off kind of points to something else but I would verify the ignition switch operation.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sounds like they taped into a power supply to feed one or more of your lights and that lighting circuit is "back feeding" through other lights, into your ignition/gen/oil light circuit. If you have power to the Gen/alt, it will keep running & supply juice to the rest of the system, therefore, allowing it to keep running.

hope you aren't Paying for that service

Lee in Alaska

badgmc56

Try pulling fuses one at a time with the ignition off to see if the gen and oil lights go out. If they go off with a certain fuse, I would check that circuit first. If you have a wiring diagram, you can probe with a meter to see where and if there is a short to power.

majortom

if both gen lites stay on with key off it is not a one contact problem. the ign switch has two contacts, one for each gen. try to unplug the ign switch. if the lites go out replace switch. i have seen bad ones before.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Once it got light out today I went out and started looking at it. They tied in my IR headlights into the ignition switch and I guess it made a hot circuit. By pulling the fuse out, the engine stops and everything is ok. Just gonna take it back to them on Monday and tell them to fix it right this time.

Thanks to all for the help.

This is Med (I hate dealing with electrical problems) log signing off.