• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M923a2 non start issue please

Daryl Webster

I am getting no power to the dash, I replaced the alternator and the protective control box behind the washer fluid on the firewall. Problem started after replacing the alternator. Alternator was replaced because it went bad.
Anyone have any ideas?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am getting no power to the dash, I replaced the alternator and the protective control box behind the washer fluid on the firewall. Problem started after replacing the alternator. Alternator was replaced because it went bad.
Anyone have any ideas?
Remove the main power switch and ensure you have power coming into it and power leaving it when you flip the switch.

Do you hear the solenoids power up in the control box at all? I'm assuming not.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How old are your batteries, and what condition are they in? You may show some power at the dash, but your batteries may be low enough to not be able to retract the FSOV (Fuel Shut Off Valve) on driver’s side of engine. Aged batteries can cause the stock alternator to fry itself trying to keep up with charging defective batteries.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
we check all of those things and there is power coming out of the switch, but still cant find the problem.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Give me the answer on the following pins at the PCB plug with the dash switch on

Pin A :
Pin C:
Pin D:

Pin A is wire 569 this is the power from the switch on the dash.

Pin C is wire 81. This gets power directly from the. It has a branch off which is 81A that gives power to the main dash switch.

Pin D is wire 5, it is the power out of the PCB to the starter dash switch.

Tell me the voltage at those pins.