• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with markings

papakb

I received this picture from a friend who's trying to identify the bumperette markings. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom's jeep.jpg

pooka

I see it as 1st Army, Second Armored Div, 67th Armored Regiment 5 veh of Dog Company.
I am going to # my '44 MB after my fathers unit, 3rd Armored, 32nd Armored regiment, 22nd veh of Dog Company. My dad was an armored platoon leader in Dog company, his tank (M4A1) was "Dirty Gerty"

Major Asstyrd

1st Army, 2nd Armored Division, 67th Armored (Battalion?) 5th vehicle of Delta Company.

67th Armored was a regiment. It used to be 67th Infantry Regiment (Medium), meaning medium tanks, and on 15 July 1940 was redesignated 67th Armored Regiment (Medium) when it was assigned to 2nd Armored Division. On 1 January 42 they dropped the "(Medium)." Fought in North Africa, Sicily, landed Normandy 11 June 44, ended up in Heere, Germany.

Armored battalions were called Tank Battalions and there was no 67th Tank Battalion during WWII.

Above info from the gonzo book "Order of Battle - US Army World War II"

Wikipedia, for what that's worth, says during postwar reorganization a 67th Tank Battalion was created in 1948 from other units.

Yes Dog Company until 1956 when the "Able-Baker" phonetic alphabet went through changes and D became Delta.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks