• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with my 03' M1097A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEA AK

I have been working on my A2 for since I got it in Sep. I still have some issues that I need some guidance / feedback on. From the tranny to brake lines to my question below...

in the skinny compartment next to the battery compartment, under the passenger front seat, I have this item which is a bit larger than a softball. It appears to be a battery charter but need more info on it (I haven't seen anything on google or TMs on it).

I plugged it in, heard it humming then read it with my multimeter. It was sending 2.1 volts.

Does anyone know anything about it? Can I wire it up to the batteries to charge? How long should it be plugged in to charge? etc...

Thank you

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check it with your volt meter on AC volts, it is likely part of a battery charger but appears to be missing the rectifier/regulator circuit (unless it was contained in the transformer housing) so is basically useless to you.
If it has the rect/reg in the housing and it is actually only putting out 2V then it is also useless

DEA AK

Check it with your volt meter on AC volts, it is likely part of a battery charger but appears to be missing the rectifier/regulator circuit (unless it was contained in the transformer housing) so is basically useless to you.
If it has the rect/reg in the housing and it is actually only putting out 2V then it is also useless
Thank you very much.

Guyfang

Staff member
Why are you cross posting this problem in two threads?

Forum rules:
• Do not Cross-post multiple posts or threads about the same topic. This includes either creating multiple threads about the same topic in multiple forums or the same thread repeatedly or posting the same post within multiple existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks