• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with my CAT

rizzo

I have a CAT 3408 and the fuel pump is leaking. Its not leaking from an external seal, it needs to be rebuilt. I am told that this is going to be very exspensive ($1000-1500). Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives for me? Or have some good advice?

hot rod deuce

you sure its a 3408 and not 3406? or a 3208? a 3408 is around 1200 cubes and v-8
Does it have a turbo? By "two axle" do you mean two total or two drives and a steer?

If its a 3408 i would be interested in buying the truck.

hot rod deuce

Allright...your hands are quicker than my eyes!! I swear that wasnt there when i posted mine. well a 3406 is 893 and a 3408 uses the same sleaves/piston/rod combo so its uhhh.....1190 inches. if my calgulations are right. The only better motor IMHO is the K model cummins 1150 CI but strait six. Im not a v-8 fan. Both motors have LOTS of problems and are a thing of the past. Both were put in trucks and around 500-600 HP. I have seen five with rods right out the side, picture window and all. always on the 1-2 rod journal. Thats what 988 cat loaders ran up until the new G seires. Now they have a 3506 AKA C-18.

Hookin1

Unfortunatly the cat injection pumps are expensive to rebuild or exchange.
Youo might want to check on a used one,but then you run into the problem of not knowing how good it is.you might be able to find an independent shop that will do it cheaper?But the parts aren't cheap,since they say CAT on them.
Working for a cat dealer i know how much these parts cost.It's pretty bad when i can get a starter cheaper someplace else than at work(with the employee discount)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks