• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with my engine(OA 331)

jcd-m34

Hi.
I just star to restor the M34 engine but I dont know the "" pounds" for the crankshaft, rod assy,flywheel and the head assy.I dont know the correct word in english "pounds"?????.

Thanks everybody

Attachments

deaton

Glad to see there is some else with a gas engine. Too many diesels out there.

Here are the torque values, all in foot pounds of torque:

Clutch cover plate to flywheel 25-30
Fuel pump assembly to cylinder block 40-50
Flywheel housing to cylinder block 70-75
Connecting rod cap bolt nuts 65-70
Crankshaft main bearing cap bolts 90-95
Flywheel to crankshaft 60-67
Cylinder head bolts 100-105
Oil pump assembly to cylinder block 25-30
Timing gear to camshaft 20-25
Camshaft thrust plate to cylinder block 15-20
Clutch balancing weight screws 20
Clutch release lever thrust plate to pressure plate cover 15
Spark plug to cylinder head 20-30
Pulley to vibration damper retaining screws 15-20
Generator mounting crews 15-20

This came out of TM9-2805-222-35, Field and Depot Maintenance Manual for Engine (REO model OA-331), Clutch (Long Model 12-CF). You should try and get a copy of this. You will also want to get TM9-2805-222-35P, the parts list for the Reo OA-331 engine. Lots of excellent exploded views of assemblies. I'm working on a gas M35 and M34 at the present myself. Good luck in your efforts.

Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks