• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Red Dot System

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Currently in the process of disconnecting a Red Dot to move it farther back to our new 4 door rear curtain, and can't seem to identify some of the parts I'm looking for.
The condenser loop, #1 in the first photo of the inside unit (where the transducer attaches) is leaking oil all over the cab. I've seen several out there but they're all lacking a fitting for the transducer.

I'd like to at least know if I can get part #2 in case its damaged when we pull and replace hoses too.

The button with the arrow labeled #3 almost looks like a circuit breaker, but its loose and falling into the unit.

Lastly, what is the best hose to run on these things? The Aeroquip hoses I have now are completely rotted out, and I cant clearly see size and complete markings on any of them.

On the outside, I'm not a fan of how they mounted the dryer with one hose clamp, tightened to the point it's bent the upright on the red dot mounting bracket. Also trying to identify what the proper dryer is for this unit. Overall, just trying trying to clean everything up before it's all reinstalled. Thanks guys.

Comment

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm the one that made lots of comments over on the facebook post.

One thing I thought of later:
All the hose fittings are reusable, but getting new bands to secure them is recommended.
If you are careful you can pry them apart without damaging them. I used a pair of CV boot clamp pliers to tighten/release the clamp bands.
Example of the type of pliers I used

71M11VrzpML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Currently in the process of disconnecting a Red Dot to move it farther back to our new 4 door rear curtain, and can't seem to identify some of the parts I'm looking for.
The condenser loop, #1 in the first photo of the inside unit (where the transducer attaches) is leaking oil all over the cab. I've seen several out there but they're all lacking a fitting for the transducer.

I'd like to at least know if I can get part #2 in case its damaged when we pull and replace hoses too.

The button with the arrow labeled #3 almost looks like a circuit breaker, but its loose and falling into the unit.

Lastly, what is the best hose to run on these things? The Aeroquip hoses I have now are completely rotted out, and I cant clearly see size and complete markings on any of them.

On the outside, I'm not a fan of how they mounted the dryer with one hose clamp, tightened to the point it's bent the upright on the red dot mounting bracket. Also trying to identify what the proper dryer is for this unit. Overall, just trying trying to clean everything up before it's all reinstalled. Thanks guys.

Comment
Another possibility for the hoses are the mobile hydraulic shops - with a van, a fist full of wrenches and a hose crimper. Especially if you need longer hoses. Don't let the old hoses get away though... Like @Coug mentioned, you can reuse those fittings and make your own hose if you buy a roll of material - or a length of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks