• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with wiring on Ether Injection.

ida34

I was looking under the hood of my newly acquired Deuce and I noticed that the temperature sending unit for the ether injection has one terminal connected to a wire running toward the firewall. The other has part of a solderless connecter. It looks like this was a broken connector to connect this to a ground. What are the connections supposed to be for the ether injection temp sensor? I don't want to just try it out on ground without some imput from someone that knows. The injection system does not seem to be working but I still need to check the cannister to make sure it is not empty. Thanks for any help in advance.

Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "temp sending unit" is a switch that closes when the temp is below 20F.
It's to make sure the ether isn't used in warm weather.
Connect it in series with the "on" switch for the solenoid. If you want to be your own judge of when to use the ether, don't connect it at all.

ida34

Thanks. I knew this thread was out there but could not find it by search. It seems that I just need to connect my mystery wire to ground then the system will be all set. That is assuming I have ether in the canister. I can start it without the ether in the 20s but I did not get a chance to try during the real cold snap during the first of the week.

Chuck