• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemmets in Iraq

dannymoz71

Had a request to post some pics of our Oshkosh trucks. So here they are. There is an LHS, a cargo, a fueler, and of course my favorite, our wrecker. The ones we have had a hard life. They were in pretty rough shape when we got them. It was a fight to keep them on the road for a while. But they are getting better.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dannymoz71, WOW, those are sweet! Thanks for you for all you do! Do you get to drive those machiney marvels? In jpg 2587, what vehicle is in the upper left of the pic?

kcimb

Re: RE: Hemmets in Iraq

WillWagner said:
dannymoz71, WOW, those are sweet! Thanks for you for all you do! Do you get to drive those machiney marvels? In jpg 2587, what vehicle is in the upper left of the pic?
FMTV with an m113 with Acav gun shield and slat RPG armor

dma251

How's the cab interior temps with the armored glass (I'm assuming they don't roll down on the doors)? I drove mine around for about 40 miles today, and was wishing there was some way to kick a little more airflow into the cab then just the door windows. I kinda miss my kick-open floor vents like on the M35 and 5-tons. I bet that armored hemtt cab gets roasting in the desert without a/c!

dannymoz71

The ones up in the corner are indeed an armored 113, with the cage around it, and an armoursed FMTV Wrecker. Of course I get to drive them all, Im the Motor Sergeant. I can drive anything in my motor pool. Everything we have, minus the forklift and M88, has air conditioning. So the cab temps are pretty decent. Its a deadline if the A/C is inop. The soldiers are getting spoiled.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DANNYMOZ71, can you take some pics of the AC set up? I'd love to add AC to my HEMTT. Thanks for your service!

jwaller

not that I have any foul intentions but I'd like to put some armor on my 5 ton. how is that plate armor attached to the door skins and such? looks as it it's spaced about 2 inches off the original sheet metal. is that right? are those some rubber isolators that do the spacing? I'm trying to get the truck to be a representation of stuff thats currently in the field. TIA..