• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt beadlocks

dane

First I would like to thank everyone for all of the information available from this site. I have lurked and read for a while and decided to sign up last night and ended up playing around for a couple of hours.

The reason for this post is that I need some help locating some parts that, from what I can tell, most people on this board are not using, but I may be incorrect about that.

I recently purchased a set of 16R20 Michelin XZL's (I think XZL, possible XML). The tires came mounted on the 20" Hemtt double beadlocks. Unfortunately the rims did not come with the beadlock inserts which is what made them so desireable to me.

Before I purchased these wheels/tires I had a set of H1 wheels with aftermarket PVC beadlock inserts that worked very, very well for my application.

I have been checking around looking for appropriately sized PVC to use in these wheels and I am finding it to be very difficult/expensive.

After that crazy diatribe of a backstory what it comes down to is that I am looking for a set of the beadlocks for the 20" two piece wheels. I do not know who may have these and at what price, but I figured nobody woud know better than the people on this forum that live and breathe this stuff every day.

Flame away if I put this in the wrong place or if this is one of those "everybody knows the answer" questions.

Thanks for your time,

Dane

Can't remember where I saw it. Some offroad magazine or website. Some guy was using hummer beadlocks and using PVC as the inner. Eventually he welded up a metal "cage" to serve the same purpose. Picture two rings of steel plate, probably cut with waterjet or CNC, joined by welded steel bars. Doesn't seem too hard to get a fab shop to make these.

dane

I have beadlocks in stock. I thought I sent you a response on this. Did you not receive it?

I did not get a response and I attempted to PM you this morning, but your box was full. I saw the post saying you had these, but it was for another member so I went the pm route. Please let me know what you have and make sure I am going about this properly!!

Dane

dane

Can't remember where I saw it. Some offroad magazine or website. Some guy was using hummer beadlocks and using PVC as the inner. Eventually he welded up a metal "cage" to serve the same purpose. Picture two rings of steel plate, probably cut with waterjet or CNC, joined by welded steel bars. Doesn't seem too hard to get a fab shop to make these.

I had the original run of the "metal cage" inserts and was less than impressed to say the least. They may have made some improvements to the design, but I definitely would not go from the PVC to the metal cage. I appreciate the input, and maybe this post will help some searcher in the future!!

Dane

USMC6062

The beadlock inserts in a 5 Ton combat rim are made by Hutchinson, they had 173517 stamped on the lip of the bead insert. Luckily I wrote this down when I had one apart!

dane

The beadlock inserts in a 5 Ton combat rim are made by Hutchinson, they had 173517 stamped on the lip of the bead insert. Luckily I wrote this down when I had one apart!

Sweet, I will wait to hear from some of the members here first, but I would like to have the tires/wheels w/beadlocks ready to run memorial day so if I have to go to the manufacturer that would be fine. This thread is turning out to be very informative!!

Dane

USMC6062

I just tried looking that number up, and it doesn't seem to be a part number like I thought. I had more info wrote down, and it turns out the part number is D4539-3, which crosses to the NSN 2530-01-211-8405. Hope that helps some.

dma251

I have 4 of them, and would be willing to give you 3, you just need to come get them. I need to keep one on hand, though, because it works great for holding the wheel off the ground when I am mounting/dismounting tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks