• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt fuel tanks

powersmoke18

what size are hemtt fuel tanks i know they hold someting like 150 gallons. i'm talking demension wise.

thanks!!

powersmoke18

i just think it would look cool under the bobbers left side. and i can get rid of that darn fuel cross over valve. plus i love hemtts but can afford one on college budget!!!

Stalwart

I'm sure you could find a nice slightly smaller tank and still have it look good. You could aim for the same general proportions and have something that doesn't cost $450-500 to fill.

Also something that doesn't weigh 1350-1450 lbs. full of fuel!

Last edited:

powersmoke18

well that was the plan to got to aberdeen but idk if my trucks gonna make it. if it does it will be fun. im working on turboing it so who knows burned pistons might get the best of me, but i got a 350 cummins waiting in the wings. i also think it would be cool to go on a drive and not have to fill up 2 tanks constantly. when i drive my truck i DRIVE MY TRUCK!! i usually put 500 miles on it in a clip. lol thats true tho its alot of weight but heck my boat holds 700 gal. now thats a fuel bill lol.

Victor

... im working on turboing it so who knows burned pistons might get the best of me...
to be on safe side install pyrometer before you melt expensive engine of yours.
Don't go over 1,300*F if you jump over 1,500*F is bad sign. 1,800*F take engine apart.

Common sign for potential overburn in turbo/exhaust:

1. black exhaust smoke on half way pressed pedal. Cut fuel on pump.
  2. flame in exhaust. Remove afterburn unit. It is belong to jet, not piston engine.:)
you can play with advance timing as well. do it carefully. turn engine 720* by hand after playing with timing to insure pistons not touching valves.
And for maximum RPM: do not exceed 3,200 RPM as most of diesel engine's valves start floating.

By turboing, fuel flow adjustment, timing and max RPM you can get up to 300Hp with out any danger to engine on long term. I guess 600Hp will be maximum you should consider. After this your engine strength is diminishing.

Good luck. Post some picks.

Last edited:

powersmoke18

well i change the timing to code C which is timing for a 270-300 cummins small cam. also i am adding a turbo from a cummins 400. pyrometers are a must however when adding a turbo and more fuel to a cummins with 15.8 compression ratio it becomes more about blowing holes in pistons then melting them. so we shall see. i don't really care if i blow up the 250 its just gonna be a fun experiment.