• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hemtt issues, lighting, and oil sending unit

builderboy

Hello all!! I hope not everyone is dealing with this cold blast that is coming into the mid west this evening. Short story long, I'm trying to get a few bugs worked out of the hemtt to take to the veterans parade in emporia ks. The founding city of veterans day her in America. Ok, as a person who likes lights i'm having problems with all marker lights on the hemtt. I have all turn signals, and headlights. It appears that my brake lights are working also. I say appears because I haven't had anyone with me to help check. this afternoon I tried to get the marker lights going. replaced bulbs here and there. Nothing, used voltmeter, still nothing, anywhere. When I got the truck the alternator was producing something like 36 volts and was a mess. I replace that and now have normal voltage coming off of the alternator. My question is, does anyone have any idea on where to start looking for what is wrong? I believe I checked breakers in the middle between the seats area. Is it the switch?? I would thing not since the headlights turnsignals, and brake lights work. Where should I start looking it has to be one item keeping voltage from all marker lights.

Second question, trying to replace the oil sending unit. I ordered a new one and it came with an end that looks like a oval three prong plug should fit to it. I can't find anything like that on the engine. Did I get the wrong sending unit?? what I believe is the sending unit is on the drivers side behind the alternator with one wire coming off of it.

thank you very much, I'm hoping to cut down my research time by asking everyone here.

Kevin

p.s. everyone is welcome to come to the veterans day parade in emporia ks.

Gunzy

The marker lights are on a separate switch. Turn on lights at the 3 lever switch then there is a toggle forward of that under the Jake Brake switches marked as clearance lights. Flip it up and recheck your lights.
708064_6003_0_0002.jpg
It is the bottom toggle on the left.

Last edited:

builderboy

ok got back out to the truck. and just like you said gunzy, it was right there in front of me. Some lights worked some didn't. but It didn't take long to figure out that grounding issues where the problem. A couple of the marker lights I took off just crumbled into pieces...well the bases did anyway. So I have some of them ordered and a handful of bulbs. Plus I ordered some lens covers for the marker lights on the front of the cab. I'm hoping to have all issues resolved for our local veterans day parade here in Emporia Ks. Stay tuned as I'm sure there will be more issues covered this week folks!!

thank!!
Kevin

builderboy

Ok, got another question for anyone who might know. My oil pressure gauage, tach, and speedo are all dead I've put in a new sensor and gauge for the for the oil part. still nothing. Actually when truck is running and I rev it up the needle dips down instead of up. I tried switching the wires and still nothing. Anything think I've got a bad ground perhaps??? I'm getting signal I believe to the tach. Thanks again.

kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks