• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Herd of "Jeeps"

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The second post appeares to be a cj-2a or 3a. The 3rd set looks like a mix of cj-5 and flatfender. And the 4th set is cj-5. You definatly have your work cut out for ya.

Matt

Last edited:

stampy

Anything is restorable if you want to throw enough $ in. From the pictures looks like a good candidate though. Is that a Ford GP?

maybefixit

Last one looks to me to be a Willys CJ-2 (not sure about A). I thought the Ford version had the recessed headlights (which could be flipped up into the engine compartment for repair work) and the civvy / Willys version had hard-mounted headlights.
Lack of indentations in the driver's side for the shovel hints to me it's a civvy body. Nice though, seems like all the parts you'd need would be available through JC Whitney. They used to have a bunch of steel and fiberglass body parts even.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an uncle that has an early Scout that is right hand drive. He was a mail man in Arizona(70's), he parked it many years ago, in the barn. I think it has about 300000 miles on it too.

bgirmus

The first jeep pictured (red) is a mid-1947 to 1949 CJ-2A as denoted by the flush mounted parking lights and top bow pockets on the left side of the tub. The second one (green/blue) is a 1946 to mid-1947 CJ-2A as denoted by the bullet parking lights and top bow pockets on left side of the tub. If you really want to learn more about the 2As head over to The CJ2A Page Forums.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks