• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey, new here

Ranger_J

Hey guys,
My names Joey and Iam stationed in Georgia. New to the site and just got a new truck. M1009 about a week ago. Drove it down to Texas on leave, bought some 36's and about to drive back to Georgia in a week. Get a 4inch lift and let the fun begin. Just wanted to say hi. Ill post up some pics of Krum (yeah I named him..lol) Anyway, Glad to be here.

---Joey

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome!

Consider this an invite to the Ga Rally later this month (link with info in my signature line).

Thanks for your service. :beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ditto on the welcome to the site.
You will find a wealth of info here and many folks that can help with mechanical issues if your vehicle has a problem.
My son is stationed at Benning (3rd ID, Kelly Hill) and leaves for his third tour in Iraq in a few days.
You need to touch base with SS member Papa Bear.......he is a Veteran and a stand up guy.
He and his friends operate the Iron Mike Museum located across Victory Drive from the Confederate Gunboat Museum (in the old Farmers Market).
They have regular meetings and I'm sure you would be welcome.
Clinto mentioned the SS Ga rally coming up this month.....it is an annual event and keeps getting bigger and better.
The location is a huge off-road park and if you want to get the M1009 muddy there will be trail rides all weekend.
If you miss it we will have to mark you AWOL and Article 15 ya.
Try to make it and bring some buddies with you.

ABN173

Ditto on the welcome to the site.
You will find a wealth of info here and many folks that can help with mechanical issues if your vehicle has a problem.
You need to touch base with SS member Papa Bear.......he is a Veteran and a stand up guy.
He and his friends operate the Iron Mike Museum located across Victory Drive from the Confederate Gunboat Museum (in the old Farmers Market).
They have regular meetings and I'm sure you would be welcome.
Clinto mentioned the SS Ga rally coming up this month.....it is an annual event and keeps getting bigger and better.
:ditto:
Also SS Member keawe_applewhite he is a good guy over at RTB, and has a M1008

-Chief-

m.walker

Welcome ! and thanks for serving !!! Good people here , real helpful . It's a very adictive hobby , but it's too late you have one already . They multiply like rabbits . Enjoy them they are alot of fun and post up some pics of your progress !

stampy

Welcome and Enjoy your 1009! OD Green disease is easy to catch! You may have a 6X6 in your yard before you know it. THans for your service to our country!:-D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site. I'm just up the road from you near Peachtree.

You have to get to the GA Rally. Anyone within 500 miles has to be there or they're just plain wrong.

Ranger_J

Hey thanks guys,
that was a pretty war, welcome! Iam on leave right now in TExas but as soon as I get back to Georgia I'll start looking you guys up. There are about 3 or 4 1009's in Battalion and Ill drag em down with me. Anyway, once again, thanks ;) About that 6 inch lifted one...I think it's my buddies...Ian's. Anyway, Ill have pics posted by the end of today.

--Joey

ABN173

Hey thanks guys,
that was a pretty war, welcome! Iam on leave right now in TExas but as soon as I get back to Georgia I'll start looking you guys up. There are about 3 or 4 1009's in Battalion and Ill drag em down with me. Anyway, once again, thanks ;) About that 6 inch lifted one...I think it's my buddies...Ian's. Anyway, Ill have pics posted by the end of today.

--Joey
Yeah it was mine, ask him about it.....lol I don't think he had ever seen a seller look so glum about completing a sale. I'll be be moving back to Columbus myself when I retire from 1st SF group in 2012.

-Chief

91W350

Welcome to the madhouse, these guys will beat each other up trying to help you out first. :-D Really great bunch, if you need, ask... Glen

Ranger_J

Did my first fix today. The guy I bought it from had some guy put a new oil pan gasket in. Kept leaking and turns out the guy working on it didnt tighten down the bolts...Sheez lol. Other than that, a tiny spot of desiel leaking out. Thinking another gasket leak. Not bad though. Supposed to get some rain down here in Texas. I hope so, I wanna take my truck out in the mud! I spent all day painting mother's house so...pics have to wait till tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks