• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from California

JWNathan

Hi there, I am in the process of purchasing a M1008 and am here to immerse myself in all this OD goodness. This will be my first MV and hopefully will lead to others, ultimatley I want a duece some day, we'll have to see how the finances are after this purchase.

Im 25, live in Roseville CA which is just North East of Sacramento, work for the railroad, Im a certified Harley-Davidson tech, enjoy shooting sports.
Thanks.
-Jesse

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Jesse,

I've recently relocated to Dixon/Woodland area. You've come to the right place for info and knowledge. Be sure to READ THE TMs:p:p

Sgt Hulka

Welcome aboard. CUCVfreek and I are planning a NorCal MV meet and greet soon, probably after Christmas. Watch for it! That goes for you too, Big Mike...

Enjoy your CUCV!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!! Good to see another Ca. person. There is TONS of info here, make sure you visit the TM section, it is on the old site but is accessed thru the "resources" tab at the top of the forum pages. I hope you get a chance to hook up with Bigmike and the others, all I have met thru here are top of the food chain people.

JWNathan

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Well I brought a tan '86 M1028 home today, runs great, looks nice, cant belive I waited this long to get one!

Sgt. Hulka, let me know when you guys have a date, I always enjoy a good BS session.
-Jesse

Sgt Hulka

Sure will! And I'm sure there weren't be a shortage of B.S., uh, conversation when we meet up. Nothing solid yet. We're kinda thinking it might be best to wait a few weeks until after the 1st. We'll keep you posted but don't hesitate to agitate!

JWNathan

Thanks again guys. Its my daily right now and till I sell off a couple other projects (74 Norton and 74 K10) my only ride! Just gotta keep my eyes out for a cheapish duece in the area now!
-Jesse

998Junkie

take a look at 100dollarman.com he sells deuces down in cali! and ive heard nothing but good things from him...
I enjoyed the time I spent with hundy and his possie at the last camp dirtbag, keep the plastic bags and fuel cans away from him while you are sitting next to the fire and things are great.

Having been on the winning and loosing sides of his bidding on GL:p, I look foward to buying some nice gear in the future.:-D

Welcome to the site Jesse, try to make the next dirtbag great bunch of people (It's what makes it so special about being Californian)

BLK HMMWV

Welcome

Welcome to the sickness Jesse.
998 Junkie I kind of liked the night tan I got at the last dirt bag.
That and there were no bugs.

I heard something about not being able to sleep in past sun up somebody's alarm clock went off and woke everyone up. The nerve!!

Can't wait until the next one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks