• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi guys

Harold43512

After reading the forums here for a month or so, I finally signed up. And I realized a few things. I have to get all of my current junk running and some debt retired before even thinking about finding myself a deuce or 5 ton, I could go way overboard if I had an unlimited budget.

This is a GREAT board with a bunch of friendly help all around.

One interesting coincidence is that both you guys and the 3 wheeler bunch meet up at Haspin every year. I'm planning to go to both of these in June.

I'd love to drop in and visit someone that has one and get a decent walk around tour of a deuce. Maybe within two hours of 43512?

Thanks

Harold43512

Thanks, Zout. I was just reading your thread. Very nice equipment and helpers that you have there.

It's always nice to have access to a big truck shop and their mechanics. ;) I used to help with PMs on Saturdays at my last job.

Last edited:

zout

Thanks Harold - been in the trucking industry since I was 15 - I am 57 now.
Fleet Manager after years of turning wrench's and driving over the road to boot.
My friend that own's #1 M109A has limited time as he lives a great deal of miles away.
He has been able to be here for 4 times on a Sun - and the last time he fractured his finger - so kiss him goodbye for another 8 weeks at least. I do not care as it is a duplication of what happens to #2.

I use to drag race in the AHDRA and need a release for my adreniline. It took this long to get into MV's and I am astounded I did not get in it sooner - look at all this time I was missing and the great group of guys that are here - what a waste on my behalf - but I am glad I am finally here.
I have a gob of certifications - but let the pics of the builds show instead of telling what I have - does not mean crap unless you can do it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know him? Darrel Braun is his name but he has several aliases. Deals in military trucks and rock crawlers.

Harold43512

No. Never heard of him before today. I drive through Celina to visit my grandmother by the IN border. He sure moved around a bunch. Took me a while to read that whole topic. I would hope by now he's sitting in jail or at least is out on bond.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks