• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi new member from texas

philmcocky

Hi, I'm rich from abilene texas. I've lurked around for some time now. I've never posted on a message board before so please forgive me if i make mistakes. I have an 86 m1009 that I practically stole from the previous owner. He was asking 3500. I gave him 1500. Lol its in great shape only has 54,000 miles. I put a 6" lift with dual shocks, 35 bfg mudders, banks turbo. I'm building a roof rack with my son for our up coming camping trip to Lincoln national forest in nm. We're going to camp for 14 days, do some gold prospecting, Metal detecting, and exploration of ghost towns. I was hoping to get some opinions on selecting a winch I've narrowed it down to 4 winches but need some input. Do i need to start a new thread in order to get some input?
Thanks for this awesome site.
Rich

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Rich. So far you are doing great. About your winch, I would make a post in the "CUCV hot rodding and modification" forum and ask for input on the 4 winches you are considering and the method of mounting. You might also search "CUCV winch" which will give you some ideas about what others have done. I'm still waiting for someone to do a winch install cut into the stock front bumper like a M715.

I did a camping trip in a similar area of NM and it was great even though it rained a lot. You will enjoy it. We brought a MB Jeep and a M38A1 Jeep. Be prepared for it to get cold.

m109a2

Welcome Rich to this site your are going to buy green forever say it with me,I must buy green forever Must buy green,Must buy green.Lol you will be surprised how often this happens.Al.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks