• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HIAB 070 Remote controls

I have a HIAB 070 that I plan to put on a M35A3. I wanted to have the crane controled by a wireless dual joystick remote. I would like to use the ones you see that have the strap for around your neck and hang at about waist hieght. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of hydraulic valves I would need to run for this and/or if anyone knows where I can get one of these set ups for a decent price. I will post pics once the build gets going. Hopefully after the new year I can start making progress on this.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know how to wire up solenoids to make it electrical, but not sure how to make it remote controllable.

it currently has electric solenoids but it uses a single speed remote. i wanted to chnage the remote to a variable speed to make small movements possible. I'm assuming that the same solenoids that are in there won't work.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You're going to have a sizable amount of money in a factory remote setup. A little more affordable idea might be a RC plane controller. Use 1/3 scale servos to acute the normal levers. Not sure how many valves your crane has, but you'd need a matching number of channels.