• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Higest Mileage Contest

DrFoster

So who has the highest mileage since overhaul or total on the clock for a Deuce?

Thought I'd start a topic to see who is a daily driver and who is a weekend warrior... or annual warrior...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay Doc, I have driven my deuce some 7,000 miles during the last year and kept pretty good records.
Typically 9.5 mpg on the highway, a lot of it on biodiesel, BTW.

ironhorsethegeneral

When we got it 3 years ago the odometer had 21,000 engine rebuilt had 11,000. We get with troop seats and cover we get about 10 to 12 mpg and with out these we get around 14 mpg.

fredrader

My M35-A2C has 42150mi on it and last time I put fuel in it I got 6mpg..I don't drive it much but I do start it and let it run an hour or so every now and then...It had 40610 on it when I bought it 4/8/05..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe we should have a post listing the states you've had your deuce in. That would be kinda fun. I know mine has seen a few!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m35a2 is at 41836. It had 11000 when i got it. As far as states? Texas, Lousiana.

readyman

My '88 M35A2 from Home AFB HQ.
6800 miles, 320 hours, original.
Hanger/garage kept.

Time to change the oil yet? :|
Probly has more miles on a flatbed than on the speedo, Idaho to BC, BC to Chicago.

rdixiemiller

Mine had 13200 on the clock when I bought it, but only the odometer was working. I put in a speedo that showed 9800, now has 12800 showing. That would be about 16200 since 1989 depot overhaul.

rice

I sold a 1962 Studebaker last june that had just over 63000, it had been upgraded to a turbo, but still had the 427 in it. Its in St James NY now. I converted it to a dump truck. A great running truck.

Desert Rat

Kenny,
You know I'll have quite a few states to list now................... 36XXX miles and still counting. I get about 10 mpg running over to San Antonio with her. As far as states go, let's see here. Illinios, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Penn., West Virg., Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin and Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri are targeted within six weeks (Spring Break). I'm looking forward to the drive! I figure by then I'll have about 39,XXX miles by then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks