• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High idle solenoid acting up?

Drock

I just put my high idle on a toggle switch next to my glow plug button. It's nice to be able to bump up the idle when jumping another vehicle.
That is a fantastic idea. After I figure out how to get this thing working the way it's supposed to, I mite just do this!

Drock

Okay so I think I've got the first problem whipped. I installed the new passenger side temp sensor for the high idle solenoid and it seems to be work perfectly for the past 4 days. Now I ordered this..glow plug sensor.jpg the glow plug inhibiter switch with the new pigtail. The problem is the one on the truck is a 1 wire, and as you can see in the pic the new one has 2 wires. The instructions don't mention anything about this, so their no help. Should I just run 1 wire to ground? Or twist both together?

mead

What was the technical name and part number for the high idle temp sensor on eBay? My M1028 is having the same issue and I can't find that part posted anywhere.

nedbread

I am replacing the idle speed actuator having trouble finding this part ACDelco 14066255... I see one on ebay for $200 and one on bestbuy for $260, both seem high. Anyplace I haven't looked?

Thanks,
Ned

cucvrus

Be sure that is the problem and not the switch on the right rear of the head. Both things are hard to find and are expensive. Used ones can be found.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks