• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

history forum in some sections

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about make a special sub-forum "vehicle history and historic preservation" as first sub-forum in each of the "period fora":

- Post-Vietnam to Desert Storm
- WWI and WW II Vehicles
- Korean War to Vietnam War vehicles

Or make it a separate forum under "General" or under "Restoration"

I do not mean a place for discussion on the background and politics of these periods and conflicts. Maybe starting with a short factual intro on the period and on the vehicles that were used there (as closed thread). Then questions about originality or historic restorations or replica's for education and honoring can be posted there. Several of these questions are now posted under 5-ton or Deuce or M37 but actually concern color schemes and markings or restoration aspects or building replica's of that specific period and not so much that specific vehicle type.

I agree its not that easy and maybe makes it more complicated again but it might be worth it. I actually got the idea reading the thread of vtdeucedriver on this gun truck Brutus:

....... as maybe some might learn a few things about historical preservation. I feel that this is one of the things that the SS forum is starting to lack .......
Maybe not lacking, but just too difficult to find and the threads are quickly snowed under. For example, now the gun trucks have their own section under "Present Conflict Vehicles". But a lot of the threads are about Vietnam period trucks. And I for one definitely would like to know more about such trucks and restoring things to their original state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks