• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

History of my new FLU419/SEE

coffeehouseforge

I read someone was keeping a record of our FLU419's. Here is the ownership history of the unit I just picked up. I will say there was a huge difference in what I paid for this Unimog and what the government sold it for, lol

Vin #1FG9999992JM451035

*Sold by US government to Iron Planet on July 12, 2016 (Pleasanton, CA)

*Iron Planet sold to Valley Ordnance on July 18, 2016 (Peoria, Az)

*Valley Ordnance sold to private party Leland S. on January 6, 2017 (Las Vegas, NV)

*Leland S. sold to private party James M. on May 7, 2018 (Anchorage, AK)

*James M. sold to me Lee C. on August 4, 2020
(Willow, AK)

Milage when sold by Government: 3295
Milage Now: 3575

If anyone was familiar with this unit, I would love to get a little history on it.

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the U.S. Army, Air Force or Marine Corps unit numbers from the SEE? I was able to obtain significant history on two different deuces by contacting the U.S. Army units they were previously assigned to. One of the units forwarded a lot of paperwork on the deuce, where it had been deployed to in recent years and information on the unit. In both cases, they appeared to be very interested and helpful.

coffeehouseforge

I'm talking about the numbers on the front and rear of the SEE. Perhaps you have been painted over. Mine was very clear.
I am familiar with the military numbering of their inventory. Actually spent many yrs working in R60 (equipment yard) while a Seabee. This is the only number painted on the unit. Inside the door, seat pedestal, frame, etc. Just figured U.S. Army may have done it differently than the U.S. Navy. I will do some more searching for the paperwork I got with the unit and see if I can come up with anything.
Thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks