• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMVW need help with Injection pump

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if the same specs are used in Europe on fuel?

Dot and public safety motor carrier state police are more likely to check for dye at truck stops at weight stations and safety inspections.
In TN the THP have been known to check fuel on a traffic stop . The construction trucks and for some reason they have been checking tanks on landscapeing trucks so it just depends on the mood of the cat your dealing with ! YMMV

Jan Micka

Well it is running, as I thought the metering valve was stuck, really glued in place. I have freed it with wd 40, filled the ip with atf, same with the fuel filter filled with atf and it started even on the shitty fuel in it. I need to top the tank with fresh diesel and put some aditives to it to clean the whole fuel system.

blutow

I need to top the tank with fresh diesel and put some aditives to it to clean the whole fuel system.
Make sure you drain the tank before adding fuel. Diluting bad fuel doesn't get rid of the stuff that you don't want getting pulled into your system. Even after draining, I personally would not top it off if you aren't sure how much crap is in your tank. If you do have a bunch of crap in there and you top it off, you will just be draining another 25 gallons later. And with current fuel prices, youi'll have $100+ of worthless contaminated diesel in the tank. Draining is easy, a 5 gallon bucket fits under the fuel tank without jacking anything up. The plug is simple to remove/install, although some recommend replacing the plug if it's old. If you don't know how much fuel is in there, you'll want multiple buckets handy. Mine was showing empty on the gauge, but still had 5 gallons in it.

Jan Micka

I will probably drain the tank. With todays prices in Europe, full tank on a humvee is 230 US dollars, driving these things will sure get into the wallet. They expect one gallon of fuel to be 11 dollars in June here.

Crapgame

Torx T25 Tamper Resistant. All the auto parts stores I checked with said I was mistaken about it having 5 points. Ultimately had to order from eBay. About ten dollars, free delivery.
Thank you, this is relevant to my current motorpool gremlin issues. Ordered a fixed screwdriver a well as a 1/4" drive socket bit. I was getting set to remove my hood using an electric hoist strapped to a tree branch tomorrow so I can get to the throttle valve to replace the O rings and seals, she is leaking out the butterfly valve on the driver side. Fills the gallery with diesel, I'm afraid it is going to catch fire, at the very least, I get a cascade of diesel over the back of the engine when I accellerate, its already eaten some asphalt in my driveway.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, this is relevant to my current motorpool gremlin issues. Ordered a fixed screwdriver a well as a 1/4" drive socket bit. I was getting set to remove my hood using an electric hoist strapped to a tree branch tomorrow so I can get to the throttle valve to replace the O rings and seals, she is leaking out the butterfly valve on the driver side. Fills the gallery with diesel, I'm afraid it is going to catch fire, at the very least, I get a cascade of diesel over the back of the engine when I accellerate, its already eaten some asphalt in my driveway.
No need to remove the hood, the engine is too far from the front of the vehicle to be practical to get to the engine from the front anyway.
Even if you do you don't need a hoist, the little lady and I can lift the hood off and we are both in the mid 60s

Crapgame

No need to remove the hood, the engine is too far from the front of the vehicle to be practical to get to the engine from the front anyway.
Even if you do you don't need a hoist, the little lady and I can lift the hood off and we are both in the mid 60s
I'm disabled, I bought a High Top Creeper from Jegs, since I can't contortion my body around the front A Arms and splash guards to get to the 3 5 pt T25 screws on top the DB2. Its going to be so much easier for me to use an electric hoist on my oak tree to lift off the hood so I can roll the high creeper between the front wheels then lie on the creeper to reach the 3 T25 screws then replace the throttle valve seals.
High Top Creeper | Buy an Engine Creeper with 400 lb. Capacity Online - JEGS High Performance
Put my T25 screwdriver and 1/4" drive T25 in the vinyl pouch with a thin flat tip screwdriver and magnetic parts tray along with the Stanadyne seals in a ziplock baggie, easier for me than trying to get up off a beach towel. Use a siphon to clear out the diesel in the reservoir. Granted this is just to replace the throttle O rings, if it was to pull the entire DB2 for rebuild I'd get my brother to remove it for me.
High Top Creeper.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks