• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV alternator - -fits M818 5-ton or not?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For my M818, I was given a 100A alternator of the kind that goes on a hummvee. Now, it also has the correct 5T-size pulley on it, thatnks to the shop that gave it to me. There is no key in the keyway as the HMMWV alternator key is much larger than the keyway on the 5T pulley, but the pulley fits.

Changing the alternator can be a booger of a job, and I wonder if the HMMWV alternator will fit and bolt right on?

100 amps at 24V, plus having a 12V tap also with 100 Amps, would be so much nicer than just the 24V 60A machine.

I got a leenyar that needs about 150A peak at 12 volts and that is more than the battery equalizer I have installed can do.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The side 12V tap ISNT 100 amps... More like 10-15... It's only there to provide 12V to the tranny control computer on the A2 HMMWV's..

Last edited: