• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv body

ohiohmmwv

As I'm on a quest for a hmmwv to buy, I'm wondering if there's really any difference throughout the years in the actual bodies. I've done a lot of research but still don't know for sure. And on a big purchase I don't want to make a mistake not knowing. For example, if I bought a 1986 or a 1993 is anything really different? Will all the various tops and add on parts fit on any of them?

ohiohmmwv

Cool. So no matter what I buy unless it's one of the heavily armored ones, I can create whatever version I'm looking for right? How about the civilian ones? Are they bolt for bolt the same underneith all the plastic interior?

battlebuggy

Hey Ohio, I can say that the 92 and 93 Civilian truck bodies are pretty much the same as the military versions. Beginning with the 94 model year, AM General began to produce Civilian hummers that diverged in many ways as the years went on, more and more from the military model. Under the plastic the the 92 and 93 hummer is pretty much a 12 volt version of the military M1097A1, with a list of odds and ends that you run into that are different. Glenn

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The civy hummers don't have the B pillar beam going thru the body, so I'd look for a military body, and the later humvee turbo body's dog house cover is different, and cutout is larger.
Non turbo bodies are easier to find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks