• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV brush guard orientation

STRATERRA TACTICAL

So I was looking at my brush guard today and had a feeling that something just didn't sit quite right...felt like it was on backwards. Then I remembered, that my unit used to attach them with the opening/exposed posts facing forward in the hopes that they would cut any wire's or lines stretched across the field or road...kind of like the cable cutters on aircraft. None of the pics of HMMWVS on line show this orientation though. Thoughts?

Attachments

STRATERRA TACTICAL

What's not right is you have 2 bolts in each bracket. Top one should be a pin. How you supposed to open the hood?
BH
Haha, I was hoping that wouldn't get noticed. Had some aftermarket pins, never got around to getting originals...chucked the aftermarkets. The two bolts are much better for security and strength, considering where parked and proximity to the border... and for now I don't mind the time it takes to get under the hood as I keep my torque wrench next to the seat.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you are worried about good law abiding immigrants who are just searching for a better way of life from doing something illegal? Could the Mods delete this hateful harmful non PC thread please. LOL

Mark

Haha, I was hoping that wouldn't get noticed. Had some aftermarket pins, never got around to getting originals...chucked the aftermarkets. The two bolts are much better for security and strength, considering where parked and proximity to the border... and for now I don't mind the time it takes to get under the hood as I keep my torque wrench next to the seat.

STRATERRA TACTICAL

That's funny lol. Yeah, it's all fun and games until the cartel headquarters is North of where you live...and last I checked, Phoenix is a 3 hr drive in my civilian daily driver.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks