• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv M1114 soft top conversion

ksoto033

Hi there, im trying to install a soft top on am M1114 uparmour 4 man crew just bought it from GP, can the roof side rails for the 2 man soft top truck will fit properly aligned with the 4 man crew soft top if i use 2 set of rails off a 2 man crew truck?
i dont find at decent price the complete side rails for the 4 man crew trucks but already have the front rails from a previous truck, i was thinking on buy another set amd install it in the back.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back rails are longer than the front if I remember. I never could get the 4-man rail to sit flush with the b-pillar. The bottom edge wouldn’t let my rear X-door close properly.

ksoto033

Back rails are longer than the front if I remember. I never could get the 4-man rail to sit flush with the b-pillar. The bottom edge wouldn’t let my rear X-door close properly.
Thanks for the fast response, ill have to bite the bullet and buy the whole set. Thanks

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the fast response, ill have to bite the bullet and buy the whole set. Thanks
Make sure you get oem rails…. I got a set from SECO and they are Chinese or worse. The left and right side didn’t even match up when put back to back. The bow is thinner and smaller also. I thought I was getting oem stuff as it was advertised.

Screwface

Hi there, im trying to install a soft top on am M1114 uparmour 4 man crew just bought it from GP, can the roof side rails for the 2 man soft top truck will fit properly aligned with the 4 man crew soft top if i use 2 set of rails off a 2 man crew truck?
i dont find at decent price the complete side rails for the 4 man crew trucks but already have the front rails from a previous truck, i was thinking on buy another set amd install it in the back.
I also have an M1114 that I'm trying to put a soft top on, my only holdout is a c pillar that I'm trying to find in a 100-mile radius. You got any pictures you can post on how it turned out?

Coonass77

I also have an M1114 that I'm trying to put a soft top on, my only holdout is a c pillar that I'm trying to find in a 100-mile radius. You got any pictures you can post on how it turned out?
Before and after

Attachments

coadydepeche101

Hi guys, i did the same with the soft top, and i have done a lot of research on the lower part of the B pillar that is riveted to the outside, it is a little wider than the non armored lower part.. the soft doors dont fit (its really tight) so i removed it but i cant find the part number for the original non armored style. any of you seasoned guys have a part number or know where to get them?

coadydepeche101

Hi guys, i did the same with the soft top, and i have done a lot of research on the lower part of the B pillar that is riveted to the outside, it is a little wider than the non armored lower part.. the soft doors dont fit (its really tight) so i removed it but i cant find the part number for the original non armored style. any of you seasoned guys have a part number or know where to get them?
BTW.. im trying to get just the trim piece that the hinge goes on and not the entire panel.. i know i can get those but thats out of my pay grade to get, and install. i may be better off just making one.. thanks

Coonass77

Not exactly answering your question, but... I've put soft top kits on 4 different m1114's and kept the original riveted-on lower b pillar panel and have yet to have a soft door (front or rear) not fit with them. It's a little tighter than with the other lower b pillar panel, but I've always been able to adjust the doors to where they open and close just fine with no binding or other concerns. Just FYI...

coadydepeche101

Not exactly answering your question, but... I've put soft top kits on 4 different m1114's and kept the original riveted-on lower b pillar panel and have yet to have a soft door (front or rear) not fit with them. It's a little tighter than with the other lower b pillar panel, but I've always been able to adjust the doors to where they open and close just fine with no binding or other concerns. Just FYI...
yea, i agree.. i know i say it does not fit.. but i really meant it didnt fit like i wanted it to. i could masssage the rubber and it would pop in.. and i thought about flap discing the edges so it would grab the sharp corners. i found the "Rabbet assembly" yesterday and ordered them. unlike the M1114 the Rabbit assembly off the unarmored hmmwv isnt riveted down the middle, its a one piece. so it should go on nicely. thanks man.