• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Mirrors

rcb

Greetings: I not a real fan of the standard mirrors on my M998, especially having to look through the passenger side windshield
when the mirror is positioned as shown in the manual. I've moved the pass side mirror back to view through the plastic door window and that
is even worse. Does anyone know of other mirror options out there ? I know I'm knit picking , but I was just curious...
Thanks...
Bob

Wire Fox

I've also seen various mirror extension arms with the convex mirror on the end get mounted to the edge of the brush guard, if you have one installed. That way, you can see the entire side edge of the vehicle for tight navigation or for seeing that car hiding in your blind spot.

Edit: Here's a shining example of a vehicle that uses these every day:

2977.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
look at my thread "Juan's m998" , I used a mrap mirror head cheap from sportsman paradise mounted on the brush guard. It is a wide angle convex and works great.

Action

The old style on the HMMWV was a single squarish mirror on an arm on each side. see the notches at the rear top corners?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also seen various mirror extension arms with the convex mirror on the end get mounted to the edge of the brush guard, if you have one installed. That way, you can see the entire side edge of the vehicle for tight navigation or for seeing that car hiding in your blind spot.

Edit: Here's a shining example of a vehicle that uses these every day:

View attachment 698404
That's a good idea. I've been driving semi for 20+ years, it never dawned on me. Right in front of my face.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks